Sunday, September 2, 2012

Why am I not posting as often?

I have been negligent in publishing articles recently.  My three articles a week goal has suffered since I began editing my book.

Several years ago I wrote a novel.  It is almost 100,000 words.  When Istack of papers wrote the last chapter I needed a break and put it on a shelf in the closet.  I didn’t look at it again until late last year. 

I joined the Chattanooga Writers Guild a little earlier that year and realized it was time to dust off the novel and edit it.  Since the beginning of this year I have edited two chapters a month.  I am now 45% through with the edit and these edits have been reviewed by certain members of the Guild. 

Writers Corner Logo - smallEditing is hard work and very time consuming.  Some chapters have taken up to a week to rewrite and edit.  Then, after the chapter is reviewed, it takes another couple of hours to make other recommended changes.  Combine these activities with my KDA responsibilities and other normal life activities, I haven’t focused on the web blog as much as I would like.

When I started this blog, I wanted to focus on quality and not quantity.  I’ll try to do better in the months to come, but my priorities, at least for the moment, are still elsewhere.  In the meantime, you might want to read some of my earlier articles if you only started reading this blog in the last year or so.  There are a lot of good articles on a variety of subjects including some on my personal battle with Kennedy’s Disease.

And, I promise you that if anything of interest pops up, I will still be posting new articles … just not as many for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.