The dictionary defines “Contented” as:
- Satisfied or accepting of the way things are
- Feeling comfortable with your situation in life
For a most of the walk I focused on this feeling (enjoying the moment). At some point I began to understand that contentment had nothing to do with “being happy”, but had everything to do with being comfortable with (accepting of) my life.
Then I asked myself, “Why did I feel this way?” I realized that it was probably because of what happened the previous day.
- I spent most of the day with my wife … shopping, working on a project, and going to a birthday party.
- Spending several hours of quality time with family.
- Watching family videos that were 20+ years old.
- Not spending any time on editing my novel or performing any KDA work.
It is now ten hours later and I still have that feeling. Life is good and I feel loved.