Thursday, March 3, 2011

Developments in my exercise program

Over the last couple of weeks I have been taking dutasteride to see if it will help slow the progression.  I know it is too early to tell, but I have been noticing something interesting happening this last week and I wanted to share it with you.

I am experiencing a sensation that I have not felt for many years.  It might not be related to the dutasteride and it might be just coincidental, but it is interesting.

Exercise 4

The feeling I am talking about is a tightness in certain muscles.  The kind of tightness that comes when you have exercised muscles that you have not used for some time.  This tightness is not a cramp or an ache.  It is also not the sensation of weakness you get when you overuse your muscles.  The best description I can give this tightness is an awakening of muscles.

My Monday and Wednesday long workout routine (between 65-75 minutes) were quite good.  My shoulder exercises (four routines) are much easier.  I have increased the number of reps by 50-to-100% without any problem.  Then, for several hours afterwards I feel ‘pumped’.  The other interesting aspect is that I am not experiencing any unusual twitching or fasciculations.  If anything, the fasciculations have decreased. 

twitching

I have been cautious to not-overdo.  At the same time I want my body to tell me when to quit a particular exercise.  These last few days, however, I had to tell myself to discontinue a particular exercise.  It is a nice feeling to not be forced to quit.

Coincidence or not, I am liking this feeling.  I’ll keep you appraised of any further developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.