Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I love Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is an important time of year for me. It is a time when our family gets together to 'break bread' and share our thoughts. Once everyone sits down, and we all hold hands to pray, sighs can be heard around the table. At that moment, everything is all right.

It is easy to focus on the negative things, but Thanksgiving gives us an opportunity to say THANK YOU for all the good–for all the blessings in our lives.

Today, I am thankful for …
  • The men and women of our armed forces, and their families. They sacrifice so much without adequate appreciation, compensation or reward.
  • For the fire, rescue and police men and women who are there for us in time of need.
  • Being able to live in this country. We often complain about what is wrong, but we seldom say thank you for all that is right. I would not want to live anywhere else.
  • The doctors and researchers who are searching for a treatment or cure. I have said it before, but without them there would be no hope.
  • My wonderful, thoughtful, patient, understanding and beautiful wife. She makes life worth living every day.
  • Both of our families, as well as our friends and neighbors. These people are my support system. Life without family and friends would be pretty miserable and boring.
  • My overall health and the health of our families. Too often we take this for granted until something bad happens.



From our house to yours, have a safe, 
healthy and happy Thanksgiving

Photos from Littlethings.com, wikipedia,and wikimedia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.