Monday, November 21, 2016

As a kid, I loved slides

… but they sure aren’t any fun these days. Thr rapid progression (loss of strength) is rather scary.

Early last week my legs started giving indications of a slide. For the next four days strength and capabilities diminished. By Saturday I was not a ‘happy camper’. I should know better because I have been through more than a few of these battles over the last 40 years, but I still think the worst for a day or two.

Saturday afternoon I had enough of the wallowing in frustration and took an accounting of what might have got me here. Even though I exercise several times every day, over the last few weeks I often spent four-to-six hours just sitting. I realized this was not my normal routine.
So, sitting on the throne that afternoon, I decided to change my modus operandi. Every two-to-three hours I was going to stand up and perform a couple of short exercises. Three times that day seemed to make a difference the next morning. Six times yesterday felt even better. I could tell I was on my way back.

I’m not 100% back, but today I feel 90+% back to normal.  


I believe Henry Ford said, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” This also holds true in my personal life. If I don’t like the results, I need to do something different.    

Photo: Giant Bomb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.