Wednesday, September 7, 2016

I still need to remind myself …

I like to consider myself a fairly optimistic and upbeat person. However, occasionally, I need to remind myself that things could be a whole lot worse.

  • Kennedy’s Disease’s progression isn’t fun, but it is slow. There is plenty of time to adjust your lifestyle and work on acceptance.
  • Researchers move closer to finding a treatment every year. When I was first diagnosed, there was only a glimmer of hope. Now, researchers are trampling on the doorstep.
  • Current mobility aids have come a long way in helping to ease the transition process. 
  • A support system is in place. In the last fifteen years, the Kennedy’s Disease Association, KDA, has grown from its infancy to an organization capable of supporting those living with this condition throughout the world.


I keep these two posters on my desktop. They say it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.