Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How to listen and how something is made

intuition Goodlife Zen, one of my favorite websites had a good article recently about ‘listening to the nudges of your heart’.  I felt the three steps discussed by Christopher Foster could apply to many things in life … especially for those of us who find that life can be unpredictable at times.  Below is an excerpt from the article.

Listen to our own inner wisdom

As our lives become increasingly busy and the world wobbles in alarming ways there is one thing, I have learned, upon which I can always depend. Listening to the little nudges of my own heart. I don’t catch them all but I sure do my best. Three steps that are essential in my experience are these.


Three essential steps



1. Stop:  Slow down. Sometimes, faced with an emergency, we simply act spontaneously as the situation demands. But most of the time, with a difficult decision to make, or a priority to choose, we have time to be still for a moment and step back from the situation.
2. Listen: Life is very clever. Sometimes it only needs that moment of silence for the answer to a problem to appear. Sometimes it happens when we give up. But as you make a habit of listening to that still small voice within yourself will find something quite magical happens. You realize that stillness is not empty. All the wisdom of the universe is there.
3. Trust:  The last step is trust. … trust your inner voice.
It is not wisdom that comes from far away, it is our own grace and it loves us. It will never leave us. But we have to do our bit and listen.


Several times in my life I found that the answer to some problem I am experiencing is already known.  Once I disengaged from the process of trying to do or remember something and believed the answer would come to me, it usually did.

Stop, Listen and Trust

_________________________

How a major league baseball is made

Occasionally I post something that has nothing to do with Kennedy’s Disease or research or self-help or my personal life.  Today is one of those days.

A friend sent me a link to a short video on how major leaguebaseball baseballs are made.  According to the narrator, this is the first time they have been able to show some of the machines involved in the making of a baseball.  I found it interesting how much of the process is still labor intensive.  The workers that do the stitching of the covers still have the toughest job in my opinion.

For anyone who played baseball, played catch with your father or son, or has been to a game and caught a foul or homerun ball, the look and feel of a baseball in something that you never forget.

I hope you take the time to watch the video, I found it fascinating.
http://www.reliableplant.com/view/25724/how-baseballs-are-manufactured

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.