Sunday, February 26, 2012

Personal Update

Several readers have written to ask how I am doing. I reported a few weeks ago that my arm strength and my neck weakness and pain were concerns.
 

Arms-Hands-Shoulders

Fortunately, about a week ago my arm strength returned. I believe I am close to 100% back. Whew! I was really beginning to wonder what happened. I woke up on February 17 and noticed the difference immediately. What happened this time was different than what I call ‘the slide’.
 

Neck

And, since I changed my hours sitting in front of my PC, my neck has recovered. It is about 80% of what it was last fall, but that is a lot better than just a month ago. I now only spend an hour at a time in the office and then I take a break. It has made all the difference in the world. I also have added a couple more neck exercises to my daily routine. As long as I continue to be ‘smart’ I should be all right.
 

Other Thoughts

My leg strength continues to be good and that is a blessing. And fortunately, I have not had any joint pain in many months.

My exercise program is going well now that my arm strength has returned. I average 90 minutes every other day and 15-20 minutes on the in between days.

Thanks for your concerns, advice and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.