Thursday, June 16, 2011

Living and Dying at the Sam’s Club

I started writing a story last year about a person who is handicapped that goes shopping at a warehouse club.  I tried to incorporate some of my experiences and also included my thoughts on what it is like navigating through these monster warehouses pushing a cart.

I gave up walking through these clubs a few years ago.  The concrete wears me down too quickly.  Using the club’s scooters are okay, but they are not fast enough.  I might die of old age before getting from the entrance to the frozen food section.  My wheelchair makes the experience more tolerable. 

I just finished the rewrite yesterday.  For my post today I am providing the link to this story if you are interested.



sams club

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing about the experience.  If it gave you a few chuckles, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.