Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Six month update on dutasteride

I just finished my 110 minute workout this morning and felt it was time to update everyone on my little experiment.  It is hard to believe, but the end of this week will be six months since I started taking dutasteride.

image
In reviewing my journal this morning, I noticed the last month has been a great month for me.  Almost every day I used words such as “good workout”, “easy workout”, “feeling extra strong today”,  “I have great energy today”, etc.  In fact, there was only one workout during the entire month of July where I used the term “a decent workout” meaning okay or fine.  Not once did I mention any decline in my energy or that I was experiencing any pain.

I averaged 110 minutes of exercises every other day in July and August (month-to-date).  Every day but one in July and all five exercise days in August I commented that the reps were easy or I felt strong that day.  Another term I used quite often was “good energy”.

What does this mean?  No, I am not cured.  But, it does mean that I feel I am far better off than a year ago in regards to strength, energy, pain management and confidence.  Hindsight being 20-20, I wish I would have started taking dutasteride a couple of years ago.  (Isn’t that always the way it is)

NIH Trial

On a similar subject, have you signed up for the Kennedy’s Disease exercise trial?  If you are interested, please read about it on the KDA website on the KDA News page for 06/10/11  (http://www.kennedysdisease.org/news).  Or go to the NIH website for more detailed information  (http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01369901).

3 comments:

  1. Great! You have a great improvement and stability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce,

    Starting on a dutasteride trial tomorrow for, initially, 6 months. I'll keep you informed on how it goes. Thanks for the updates.

    Cheers

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denis, I hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Yes, please keep me informed how it is going with your trial.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.