Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Magic … It is time for a little fun

My wife constantly tells me I have too much time on my hands since I retired.  Perhaps she is right. This post has nothing to do with Kennedy's Disease... and yet everything ... to do with 'living with Kennedy's Disease'.

Almost everyone enjoys magic.  I ran across these three videos on TED the other day and thought I would share them with you.  I felt great after watching these talented entertainers. 

Once again it proves that laughter is the best medicine! 

_______________

This was an enjoyable five minute presentation that will get you warmed up for more tricks.

Marco Tempest: The magic of truth and liesMagic-Tempest

Using three iPods like magical props, Marco Tempest spins a clever, surprisingly heartfelt meditation on truth and lies, art and emotion.

_______________

This is a fun twenty minute presentation of magic of the mind.  Keith’s second-sight demonstration is amazing.  The ending had me laughing so hard because a member of the audience believes he is smarter than the magician … until the tables are turned.  Enjoy!

Keith Barry does brain magic

Magic-Barry First, Keith Barry shows us how our brains can fool our bodies -- in a trick that works via podcast too. Then he involves the audience in some jaw-dropping (and even a bit dangerous) feats of brain magic.


_______________

This is a longer (31 minute) presentation, but Mr. Green is so funny and talented I could not stop watching.

Lennart Green does close-up card magicMagic-Green

Like your uncle at a family party, the rumpled Swedish doctor Lennart Green says, "Pick a card, any card." But what he does with those cards is pure magic -- flabbergasting, lightning-fast, how-does-he-do-it? magic.

Are you smiling? 

Do you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.