Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is it the forest or the trees?

At least once a year I write an article about this important subject.  And, yesterday, while reading a book, I saw the following quote.

“The only thing potentially worse than not being able to see the forest for the trees is not being able to see the trees because of the forest.”  Anonymous

forest-trees
I loved this quote because it is so true.  We often become blinded with the little knowledge we have and miss important factors concerning our health.  This often happens because we just believe or want to associate most health issues with Kennedy’s Disease.

Twice in the last week I have received emails from men that related symptoms that are not normally associated with Kennedy’s Disease.  I am happy men are asking rather than ignoring the symptoms.

So, let me say it again.  “Do not assume that every health issue is related to Kennedy’s Disease.”  Consult with your family doctor and neurologist whenever a new symptom shows up that is not normally associated with this health condition.


Each article takes a little different spin on the same subject.  The message can be reduced to seven words …

checkup

When in doubt … have it checked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.