Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What happens when you can no longer safely transfer?



It wasn’t that long ago that I fell stepping out of the shower. I found myself stuck on the floor because I couldn’t put any weight on my legs because of the pain. After trying several options for an hour or more, we contacted a friend. He was able to pick me up and place in my wheelchair. I purchased a portable hydraulic lift right after that. Fortunately, I haven’t had to use it, but it is there just in case.

A gentleman living with Kennedy’s Disease found he could no longer safely transfer to/from his bed to the wheelchair or to/from the commode. He took it upon himself to research options available and posted his findings as well as some comments in the KDA Forum – Liftsand Hoists

You’ll find photos of a few of the lifts as well as their links below. Depending upon your needs, whether you own or rent, and if you need portability or not, one of these might work for you. If you can recommend other devices, please let me know or post them in our forum.












































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.