Thursday, January 14, 2016

More on CRISPR

A friend sent me this seven minute CBS video that does a good job of reporting what CRISPR is, and what are its potential benefits and concerns on its use. Genes and Dreams

CRISPR, gene editing technology, is light years ahead of other technology in this one area. Its potential uses are almost unbelievable. Yet, it is still in its infancy, and therefore needs strong parenting and further guidance to insure the technology is not abused.

Yet, for me, the hope grows stronger that a treatment, and potentially a cure, for Kennedy's Disease, SBMA, will become available in the not to distant future. It might not be available for my generation, but it sure appears it will be there for my children, and their children.

Photo: MIT News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.