Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Eighteen Months – Dutasteride Update

avodartIt seems hard to believe that it has been eighteen months since I began taking dutasteride (Avodart). Since my last report I have averaged 95 minutes for the every-other-day long exercise program and 18 minutes for the short ones. I have exercised every day for the last 3½ years … it sure sounds like an addiction to me. Since I began taking dutasteride I have also been keeping a daily journal of my experiences. I enjoy reading about my initial days of taking it.

I continue to feel very positive about dutasteride. For me, it works, and people that know me also continue to comment on how it appears to be helping. One of the most significant benefits has been the consistency of life I have been experiencing. Where I use to have up and down days (strength/weakness), the last eighteen months have been level (steady as she goes) except for a couple of times where I had a cold or some other health issue.

For example, in June I had an allergic reaction to something and the doctor gave me a steroid shot. For about thirty hours after the shot, I noticed a slight weakness. It taught me to always explain to any doctor how Kennedy’s Disease works and what to watch out for in regards to potential adverse reactions when treating unrelated conditions.

strength-testMore important, I feel as strong or as close to as strong as I did eighteen months ago. I have seen no degradation in my capabilities. For that, I am most thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.