Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eight Month Update on Dutasteride

avodart_dutasteride It has been another good month. My ‘every-other-day’ exercise program averaged 112 minutes. My short program (the light days) averaged 18 minutes. I find myself having to cut back on the number of reps I am doing because they have become so easy that I could go on for another 20-30 minutes without a problem. I am sure muscle memory plays a part in this factor.

I keep on wondering if this is the placebo effect, but the longer I feel this way the more I tend to discount it because it has lasted eight months.

I continue to keep my dutasteride journal and hope to review it with my doctor in December. He is most interested in how things are going.

When I woke up last Thursday morning I noticed a weakness (more than normal) in my right arm. All day the weakness was evident. Fortunately, when I woke up Friday morning the arm wasExercise 4 back to normal. Also, I noticed during my long exercise routine that the right arm was actually stronger than normal. Go figure!

The neck weakness I wrote about back in May has not reappeared. The week of the weakness had me concerned, but fortunately it was just another Kennedy’s Disease anomaly.
And, still no apparent side effects.

cold1
Fall is in the air and my next challenge will be how I hold up this winter. The cold is tough on me ... especially my four walks a day with Fred, my beagle. I already have the ‘hand warmers’ out because morning temperatures will be in the high 30s by Wednesday. I’ll take it “one day at a time” and hope that things continue to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.