Sunday, May 8, 2011

What works for you?

Yesterday’s KDA chat room chat was interesting.  Our topic was “What works for you?”  I asked, “What have you found that helps improve your quality of life?”

Safety is Job 1

Some of the items (some big and some small) that have been instrumental in improving the quality of my life are:
  • Jar/bottle openerWithout this little instrument I would be asking my wife for help all the time.
  • Bed pedestals This elevates the bed to a good height for easier exiting.
  • Adjustable height shower stoolI love my showers and they would not be safe without this stool.
  • Removable grab bars for the shower Safety is ‘job #1’ at our house.  And, if you are traveling somewhere, take them with you.
  • Wheelchair’s elevated seatThis helped make life a lot easier. It is easier to stand up and also allows me to be closer to eye-level height when visiting.
  • VMI equipped van I am now safer and freer to travel alone.
  • TalletteI never go anywhere without this because commode heights are way to low.
  • Recliner with elevated seatWithout this I would have to spend a lot more time in my wheelchair.
  • Rechargeable screwdriver and socket set Lightweight, but very handy.  It allows me to still do a lot of repairs and maintenance.
  • Golf cart This allows me to visit neighbors, get outdoors and commune with nature, and take my dog for walks several times a day.
Now it is my turn to ask for you to take a few moments  to let me know, “What have you discovered that makes your quality of life safer and better?”  In other words, “What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.