Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Natural History of Kennedy’s Disease Revisited

Last spring I published a few blog articles on two of the most interesting studies on Kennedy’s Disease I have found.  The studies helped answer many of my questions as well as fill in some gaps as to why I was an earlier onset.

If you have not read these two research reports, I highly recommend it.  Furthermore, the blog articles mentioned below summarize these reports and try to make them more understandable for those of us that are not researchers.

NaturalHistoryDiorama

The Natural History of Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy was an interesting read and something that I still read occasionally.   It is probably the most comprehensive report I have read on Kennedy’s Disease because it studies 223 patients.
Another good report is the one from the NIH clinical trial called Clinical Features of Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy.   This research paper expanded upon their findings during the two year clinical trial of dutasteride with 57 patients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.