Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Our Thoughts Control Our Lives


I mentioned in earlier posts this Rolodex on my desk called “The Attitude Builder.” There are 52 cards containing positive affirmations. On the back of each card is a short explanation of the concept. While considering my recent slide, I flipped over the next card and BAMB! There it is - the answer I need.

“The most powerful force I have is what I say to myself and believe”


As I considered the above concept, I flipped over the card and read,
 

I am controlled by what I accept and believe.


So, I choose to believe only things that are loving and beneficial.


There have been times in my life where my negativity created a crappy day. I wonder how many times I have asked, “What else could go wrong today?”

Living with Kennedy’s Disease is “mind over matter.” If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. 😜

Life doesn’t have to be as difficult as I make it sometimes. My attitude and my ‘self-talk’ can create moments of chaos or moments of joy. I’ll choose joy anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.