Sunday, April 3, 2016

Regaining Control of your Life

If you are a follower of my blog, you know that I use positive sayings to influence how I live. If I see that I need an attitude correction, for example, I’ll start digging through my notes and books I read until something strikes home.

Living with Kennedy’s Disease, or any progressive neuromuscular disorder, requires regular attitude adjustments or you can find yourself wallowing in the gutter. Thoughts are powerful and can change your perceptions immediately.

Today’s topic is the beginning of my "Words of Power" series. These words are important to me. It helps keep me going, especially when I am a little down.
“My life is controlled by what I accept and believe”

This is a powerful statement. One that forces me to place any blame for a negative attitude on myself. My wife mentioned recently that I never complain. My response was, “Why should I? No one ever listens.” 

Unfortunately, my comment isn’t entirely true. I LISTEN! My subconscious listens to what I think. I don’t even need to verbalize the thought for it to do damage.
For that reason,
“I choose to entertain only positive and nourishing thoughts”

That doesn’t mean something negative or destructive doesn’t try to wedge its way in occasionally. But, when I realize what is happening, I pull out my gratitude journal and just read a few pages of my random thoughts. 
B.K. Clive said it best. ““Today, just take time to smell the roses, enjoy those little things about your life, your family, spouse, friends, and job. Forget about the thorns -the pains and problems they cause you - and enjoy life” 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.