Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shameless Promotion



I rarely ever do this, but for those new to this blog, I need to ask if you have visited “The Writer’s Corner”. It is my author’s website and blog. That site is focused on my books, short stories and poetry. My author’s blog is about my other world–the one not associated with Living with Kennedy’s Disease. 

While there, you might enjoy reading my short story, “Living and Dying at the Sam’s Club.” Anyone who owns a wheelchair knows what bubblegum does when you run over it on a hot day. 

The story, “Nine Stages,” was my early attempt to reflect what many of us go through when we first learn we have Kennedy’s Disease.

And, “For What is a Man – Part II” was an attempt to tell my story – the early years – of living with Kennedy’s Disease. I ended the story with the following:

        Recently I was watching “Saturday Night Lights.”  The high school football team was down ‘26’ to ‘0’ at the end of the first half.  The coach ended his halftime pep talk to his players with the following.  “Every man at some point in his life is going to lose a battle. He is going to fight and he is going to lose. What makes him a man is that in the midst of the battle he does not lose himself.” For me, this battle is not over, but I need to find my ‘Self’ once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.