Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dutasteride and ASC-J9 Updates

Time flies! It is hard to believe it has been seven months since I started taking dutasteride.

I was reviewing my journal this weekend. Iavodart_dutasteride averaged 108 minutes of exercise every other day. The average time was down slightly because of a trip and a visitor on two occasions where I had to end the workouts early.

I still have not experienced any negative side effects.

Worth noting was that several times over the last month I commented that I had a very strong workout and I could have performed many more reps because I wasn’t tired.

Even more important in my opinion are my comments about the sustained energy level that I continue to experience. For most of us with Kennedy’s Disease, the ups and downs we experience in energy are frustrating. I have just not had any ‘down’ days. For me, that is worth the price of admission.
 

Other News:

ASC-J9
curry

NIH is testing the oral version of ASC-J9 on small animals. I have written about this possible treatment in several articles (see below).  J9 provides a lot of hope. It will be many months before the results are known, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
 
Other articles that refer to ASC-J9:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.