Friday, December 11, 2009

I woke up feeling weaker yesterday morning …


In an earlier post, I mentioned "the slide." That is something I dread. Another little frustration is waking up feeling weaker. Fortunately, it does not happen often, but when it happens, you do not know whether you are beginning the dreaded "slide," or just having a bad day.

Thursday morning was one of those days. I noticed it immediately when trying to stand up from the commode. I had to struggle a little more than normal. Then, when trying to stand up from my chair, I almost did not make it. It was very cold that morning (24 degrees) and my hands were not working well either. After I came back from walking Fred, I just could not stand upright without help. My exercise program was also more difficult than usual. Throughout the rest of the morning, I found it difficult to stand up or remain standing. At times I had to lean way over my legs and grab onto something in front of me until I could finally stand upright (frustrating and a little dangerous). To add to it, my arms and legs were also aching all day.

On days like these, I need a couple extra of inches of padding to raise my seat height to ease my effort to stand up. This morning was again very cold. I am still weak, but, fortunately, not as bad off as yesterday. I still do not feel confident standing (I feel like an accident waiting to happen).

[Complain … complain a little more … and complain one more time so you know I am serious]

As long as it is just an anomaly, I can handle it. Unfortunately, whether I can handle it or not does not matter, because it happens. I just need to suck it up, adjust my routines accordingly, and get on with life.

Now I realize that so much of what happens and how I feel should not affect my attitude, but it often does. There are times where I just want to tell someone what a cruddy day I am having. I realize that no matter what I do or say is not going to make any difference, but it just feels good to get it off my chest.

There, I feel better already.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there buddy!!!

    Contact me anytime you need to vent!!!

    Luis Shimomura
    loshimo1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.