Sunday, August 16, 2009

Caregivers put up with so much crap!

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my wife is. She is thoughtful, caring, supportive, understanding. and always there for me.

When my ego was greater than my physical capabilities, she paid the price by nursing me back to health. Whenever I had a serious injury, my wife was the one that had to change her life to accommodate my needs. She has given up so much to care for me.

Besides the sacrifices she makes for me, she also has to put up with my stubbornness, frustrations, and ill-temper. Yes, for those who know me; I know it is hard to believe that I could be any of these things. It is not her fault that I can no longer do certain things. It is not her fault that I am a little impatient (just a little). Yet, she is the one that has to listen to my outbursts of anger and complaints when I become frustrated. I swear that no one, but someone who really loves me, would put up with all my crap. My apologies and thankfulness seems to be a rather feeble attempt to acknowledge all that she puts up with and sacrifices for me. You would think I would learn to tone it down just a little!

Anyway, I cannot say enough about how wonder my caregiver is. She should be nominated for sainthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.