Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Follow up on an Experiment

My September 17 article, Unexpected Benefit, explained the results of my experiment of daily foot massages.

“For several years, the bottoms of my feet and toes have been numb or tingly. I tried different techniques to stimulate the nerves, but nothing seemed to work. In early August, the feet were particularly bad. One evening, I used my hands to massage my feet. The feet were more sensitive than I thought they would be when I performed a deep tissue massage. At times, it was slightly painful. Yet, they felt better afterward.”

Modern Reflexology reported the follows signs and symptoms of peripheral neuropathy:

  • Gradual onset of numbness and prickling or tingling in your feet or hands, which can even spread to the entire length of your legs and feet.
  • Sharp shooting, jabbing, throbbing, freezing or burning pain
  • Unable to control movements.
  • Touch sensitivity that sometimes reaches extreme levels.
  • Weakness of muscles or paralysis if motor nerves are affected.

It has been five months since I started the daily massages. It only takes 5-10 minutes. My feet no longer tingle and are not numb. I can feel all my toes and they have better movement. When I massage the feet, it is no longer painful. It is actually enjoyable. I also notice that my feet do not feel as cold. That would make sense since the massage should be stimulating the circulation. It is nice to be able to feel the bottom of my feet and toes. It makes standing easier.

I still experience an occasional numbness in my right pinky finger, but it is not constant. However, my finger strength has improved with the daily routine.

Has anyone else tried this? What is your experience and results?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.