Monday, November 6, 2017

Mouth and tongue fasciculations in Kennedy’s disease



SpringLink has a video of fasciculations of the tongue and mouth.

“…Abstract - We report the case of a 54-year-old right-handed man who presented with a 2-year history of progressive upper-limb weakness with mild dysarthria and prominent involuntary perioral abnormal movements that were characterized as fasciculations…”


For those who have never experienced fasciculations, it is the strangest sensation and it is uncontrollable. The ones running up and down my back, for example, feel like I have an alien in my body trying to escape. They use to bother me. Since I have lived with them for over half of my life, I now consider them a part of the family. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. By taking a moment to share your thoughts you add much to these articles. The articles then become more than just something I said or believe. In addition, by adding a comment, you might just be helping the next reader by sharing your opinion, experience, or a helpful tip. You can comment below or by sending me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.