I came across this link for the Tek-RMD on the KD-UK Facebook page. http://www.matiarobotics.com/tek-rmd.html
The device has some interesting features. What interested me most was the one video where the man was able to sit down in an ordinary chair. It has been a couple of years since I gave that up. I do miss the recliners and watching television from an easy chair. They are definitely more comfortable. It would be great in the kitchen, especially with the higher cupboards. I liked the remote control option. You can park it somewhere else after you have transferred to a bed or chair. I am also curious how stable it is. And, could you comfortably sit back in the seat strap?
- The maximum grade of climb is 3%
- The range is 3.7 Miles (6km)
- Load Capacity 264 lbs (120kg)
- Turning Radius 23.6″ (60cm)
- Weight (empty) 242.5 lbs (110kg)
- The small wheels might not work well on carpets or safely drive over small ridges/bumps
- Throw rugs might bunch up when turning
- It is currently designed for a paraplegic
- Hand and arm strength is required for self-mounting (how much arm strength)
- What kind of pressure does this place on your leg joints?
I will definitely bookmark this webpage and continue to follow the evolution of the device.